Gun owners in the nation’s third-largest city (Chicago) will no longer have to register their firearms with the local authorities and will be able to conceal carry in Chicago. Chicago Concealed Carry Training classes now available!
- Chicago Firearm Ordinance Update
- Chicago Concealed Carry Classes currently offered to Chicago residents.
This course leads to an Illinois Concealed Carry Training Class Certificate of the required subjects, to obtain your Illinois Concealed Carry License (CCW) from the State of Illinois. The course objectives are to teach an individual the basic knowledge, skill and attitude necessary to become a safe and responsible gun owner. The course will cover the following topics:
- Firearms Safety
- Care, Cleaning, Loading and Unloading of a Concealable Firearm
- Basic Principles of Marksmanship
- Weapons Handling
- State and Federal Laws Relating to the Ownership, Storage, Carry and Transportation of a Firearm
- 2 Day (16) Hour Session is $150 for material, handouts and Firearms Guide
Active, retired, and honorably discharged members of the United States Armed Forces shall be considered to have completed 8 hours of the 16 hour training requirement. Applicants who have completed a training course that is approved by Illinois State Police Department and recognized under the laws of another state may get up to 8 hours of training toward the 16 hour training requirement.
The following list of courses is approved for up to 8 hours of credit:
- Illinois Hunter Safety Course (4 Hours)
- Utah Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Florida Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Nevada Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Missouri Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Kentucky Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Michigan Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Chicago Firearms Safety Course (4 Hours)
- NRA Basic Pistol (8 Hours)
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home (8 Hours)
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (8 Hours)
- Active, Retired, or Honorably Discharged member of the United States Armed Forces (8 Hours)
- A deposit of $60 is required at registration to secure your seat for the class.
(The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. A credit will be issued for a future session.)
- There is an additional charge for ammunition (You may bring your own).
- Cash, Credit Card or Money Order accepted.
- Students must register one week prior to class online or by calling 773-697-4249.
- Classes are held at 3004 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618.
A copy of your Certification of Completion of the Firearm Course will be kept on file.
Upon completion of the concealed carry course, students will have to complete a CCW License Application with the Illinois State Police. The fee for your concealed carry permit is $153.53. (This fee is not included in the course fee.)
*All range rules will be followed or the student will be immediately dismissed.*
*All classes are subject to change, NO REFUNDS. A credit will be issued for future classes.*