Illinois Concealed Carry Training Classes – Approved Credit Hours and Fee Schedule
Active, retired, and honorably discharged members of the United States Armed Forces shall be considered to have completed 8 hours of the 16 hour training requirement. Applicants who have completed a training course that is approved by Illinois State Police Department and recognized under the laws of another state may get up to 8 hours of training toward the 16 hour training requirement.
The following list of courses is approved for up to 8 hours of credit:
- Illinois Hunter Safety Course (4 Hours)
- Utah Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Florida Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Nevada Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Missouri Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Kentucky Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Michigan Concealed Carry (4 Hours)
- Chicago Firearms Safety Course (4 Hours)
- NRA Basic Pistol (8 Hours)
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home (8 Hours)
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home (8 Hours)
- Active, Retired, or Honorably Discharged member of the United States Armed Forces (8 Hours)
- 2 Day (16) Hour Session is $150 for material, handouts and Firearms Guide.
- A deposit of $60 is required at registration to secure your seat for the class.
(The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. A credit will be issued for a future session.)
- There is an additional charge for ammunition. (You may bring your own.)
- There is an additional charge for the range fee.
- Cash, Credit Card or Money Order accepted.
- Students must register one week prior to class online or by calling 773-697-4249.
- Classes are held at 2958 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618.
A copy of your Certification of Completion of the Firearm Course will be kept on file.
Upon completion of the concealed carry course, students will have to complete a CCW Permit Application with the Illinois State Police. The fee for your concealed carry permit is $153.53. (This fee is not included in the course fee.)
*All range rules will be followed or the student will be immediately dismissed.*
*All classes are subject to change, NO REFUNDS. A credit will be issued for future classes.*
Out of State Residents allowed to apply for Illinois Concealed Carry Permit:
The Illinois State Police sent a survey to each state to determine which of them has concealed carry laws that are substantially similar to Illinois. Currently, the only states considered to have substantially similar concealed carry laws are Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Virginia. Therefore, out of state residents of these states may obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit after completing the required 16 Hour Course.